Monday, March 28, 2011

Slackin'

Hey folks! I have 6 extra family members visiting town lately, so I haven't been in my "studio" much. So, this week I shall tantalize you with some old favorites!

Sorry the pictures aren't very good quality-- I do a lot of project documentation using my computer's webcam for the sake of convenience.

First off, here's my "Periscope hood" that I made in the fall.  In progress:
















And here is a bag that I made for Nicole for Xmas (Also in progress, also being worn on my head:)

















Here are Daniel and I, with them both on our heads:
Ultimately we took things off our heads and I finished the bag for Nicole:
The periscope hood is the most-coveted (by me and my roommates) knitted item I've ever come up with!  It is made from wool so it is extremely cozy, and you can toss it back over your shoulder and wear it like a cowl when you get too warm.  Let me know if you want me to try and write up a pattern for it.  Here is the technique I used to round out the brain-chamber: it is called "short-row" and this website explains it quite clearly!  It is a technique usually used for heels in socks, but it works well for brains, too.

The stripy bag is also made of wool, and felted!  Felting is so satisfying, because you get such a dense fabric in the end.  I knitted it on my Ultimate Sweater Machine® which I'll have to show you about later.

I PROMISE I will post a new project soon.  I am itching to get back to my pile of fabric scraps, roll around in it for awhile, see what comes out of it, and then show you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment