Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Blast From The Past (2008)

On one of my many visits back to the Bay Area after quitting CCA, I prepared by making a bunch of pencil pouches for friends there.  I recently stumbled upon the following photos while in a self-indulgent photo-archive-prowling nostalgia trip.

They're pretty cool pencil pouches, and I still have some of the fabrics!  I got the fabric for this first one at an estate sale.  It is one of my prized possessions, and I can't think of any project worth cutting it up for!  Most likely I will gradually hack away at it with minuscule projects, like this:


I gave this one to Anna Weiner, I think!


Isn't that print amazing?  What is it?!  Where does it come from?  I'd love to know its history.  Just the other day I saw someone at an info booth at Honk Fest using a table cloth with the same print, but in red!  I asked where it came from, of course, but they were distracted by something else and obviously didn't think it was as cool as I do.


Then there's this one, made with wool felt (also purchased at an estate sale, but a different one).  I think this is the one I gave to Anna Bunting.  I hope everyone is still using them!  I love it when stuff I make for people gets used to tatters.


I cut little windows in the fabric for the print underneath to peek through!




Then, there's this one, for Imma:


And I won't post photos of the crocheted "rasta" hats I gave to Yohta and John on that trip...  Ohhh, things that seem like a good idea at the time...

No comments:

Post a Comment