Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Everyone.  PLEASE wear helmets when you ride your bike.  Daniel would probably be dead or a vegetable right now if he hadn't been wearing a helmet when he took a spill on Saturday night.

It's still a bit mysterious what happened-- he suffered a concussion (even WITH helmet) and lost about an hour of memory.  Apparently he lost control of his bike somehow and flipped in the midst of thick car traffic.  Through a twist of fate, I witnessed the scary-looking post-crash scene from the bus I was riding, which I think I will remember in horrifying flashbacks for a good long time.  I am so thankful that it wasn't as bad as it looked.  We got off easy, given what could have happened!

So, I implore all bike riders: even careful riders can get in accidents.  Be careful, but also wear a helmet!  Always!

In the day spent watching concussion-victim-Daniel for signs of more severe damage, I managed to get a little art-ing done for my roommate Nina's booklet about the UW farm.  (Clever segue, eh?)

These are little watercolor illustrations to function as headers for various topics in the booklet:
edit: make sure to click on the images to see them in full size!







I'm not going to try to explain the last one...


Perhaps my favorite image in the book is this illustration by Nina:

"Imagine a time and place where ecology students
cannot recognize a carrot growing in the ground..."

No comments:

Post a Comment