Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I finished a project! Yahoo!!! (Fridge bag)


I posted a photo of the beginnings of this bag a couple entries ago.  I copied the pattern from a plastic grocery bag.

It folds quite flat and small, but holds a lot.

This fabric had a selvedge of steel!  Almost broke my needle!  At least it made a pretty cool bottom hem of the bag.

My favorite part, perhaps: the tops of the handles are bound with bias tape on both sides, then folded over and bar-tacked together for strength and style.

Looks kinda like your standard plastic grocery store bag.  Not the MOST attractive thing ever, but it was a fun experiment.

Another experiment:


Daniel's not sure if he wants to eat my creepy cookie that I made specially for him.  The roommates watch in tense anticipation.  (It's just a melted candy cane!!!)


Daniel and I made some silkscreens last week at the Vera Project, of the Mathematician/Philosopher Bertrand Russell.  He is a cool dude!  To get a quick idea of who he is, you should read this short article on an idea he is perhaps most known for: "Russell's Teapot."
Anyway, I was having some masking difficulties as well as alignment difficulties... so... yes, I KNOW it's way off toward my right side.  C'est la vie.

Too much computering for such a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment