Saturday, June 11, 2011

Whidbey

Last night I stayed with the wonderful Lucy and Matt on Whidbey Island.  Lucy and I spent the day thrift-store shopping with her mom and sister, and then crafting on the porch in the sunshine with her neighbor.  I finished this sweater I have been working on for L & M's soon-to-be baby.  The sweater pattern is called "Baby Sophisticate."  Also featured in this photo:  Lucy- toes on the upper right, and me- socks at the bottom.

Even the buttons are sophisticated.

Lucy embroidered a donut to applique as a patch on one of the onesies she found thrifting today.

At the fabric store, I discovered this green-onion-print fabric... which is horribly kitschy, but I had to buy, because I am the biggest fan of green onions in the country... perhaps even the world!

Proof:
I'm blushing with onion bliss!


And little kitty has a tail now (conveniently being used as a tripod) and will be shipped off to her new home in Ohio in the next couple days!

No comments:

Post a Comment