Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A bag is born!

I finished making this dinosaur tote bag today!



I found the fabric with these dinosaurs on it at Goodwill, so made a bag using the brontosaurus as an applique patch.  Look at its stupid face!  I love it!!!



Another awesome thing is the strap: I sewed so many parallel lines on it to lend it some rigidity-- and a green highlight stripe on the inside!



Available for sale on ETSY!!!

Also, today I found these cute silkscreened dishtowels,

...but what I want to know is: How do people get to the point where they can sell stuff like that for that price?!?!?  It's reasonable to ask that much for your efforts if you're trying to make a living as an artist, but unless you have some sort of reputation in the art world, no one is going to pay $20 for your adorable dishtowel.  I would totally make dishtowels if I could get $20 a pop for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment