Sunday, April 24, 2011

Scarf for Mama

This is a work in progress (since before xmas)

But it's soooo cool I wanted to show all y'all:

It's a scarf that is also... a maze!  There is a knitting technique called "mosaic knitting" which I picked up from a library book called 250 Creative Knitting Stitches.  The book taught me the basics of the technique, and then, I found this amazing website which generates maze patterns for whatever dimensions you set!  Thanks, Unikatissima!

I can't resist recommending these books, which I think are available at Uwajimaya: "Happy Knitting" and "Nordic Knitting."

Anyway, I decided on some dimensions that I deemed scarfy, and set to work.  If you guys want an explanation of mosaic knitting, I'd be happy to write up an instructional entry on it.  It is the easiest way of multicolor knitting, I think.  It's quite clever; you never have to carry more than one active color at a time!

Anyway, pictures!





No comments:

Post a Comment